What will I do day to day?
At LCP the work we do involves assessing the risks associated with future events. We advise clients on how much money they should set aside now, to be able to cover uncertain payments in the future and how that money should be invested.
As an Analyst, you’ll be involved in analysis and modelling to supply the answers and then communicating these to our clients in a way that’s simple, clear, and easy to understand. There are plenty of opportunities for client contact at the beginning of your career, whether by email, phone, face-to-face meetings, or corporate events.
What department can I work in?
We offer graduate roles in six of our departments across our London and Winchester offices. You’ll have the opportunity to select the department you are interested in joining during the recruitment process.
- Pensions Actuarial - advising trustees and employers on their pension arrangements - valuing accumulated pension commitments and helping them define and execute a pensions strategy tailored to their unique circumstances. We are also market leaders in the pension scheme de-risking space, working closely with our Investment Consulting colleagues.
- Investment Consulting - advising pension scheme trustees and employers on the best strategy for their pension scheme investments. We also advise charities and insurance companies on their investments. We search the market for the best investment managers to implement the chosen strategy, and monitor experience against our clients’ aims. Given the ever-changing economic environment, it is important that we stay up-to-date with the financial markets and how these could impact our clients.
- DC and Financial Wellbeing (London office only) - advising trustees and employers on all aspects of their DC pension schemes, from investment strategy modelling and selecting the right investment managers to contribution rates and communication strategies, all to ensure the best possible outcomes for members. We also help companies design employee financial wellbeing strategies using data analytics that help employees with their short and medium term aspirations as well as long term savings, like pensions.
- Insurance (London office only) - advising to general insurance companies on reserving and financial risk management, building models to calculate capital requirements, and helping insurance companies meet the Solvency II regulatory requirements.
Analytics (London only) – this cutting-edge team specialises in developing models and using data analytics and visualisations to help clients tackle a range of complex problems. Graduates will be taken on in either:
- Energy analytics – modelling the GB energy market to support the transition to Net Zero, including managing a real-time data integrations platform.
- Health analytics – providing analytics to a range of clients across life sciences and healthcare to help switch health systems from importers of illness to exporters of health.
- Pensions & Investment modelling – this team develops the models that support our pensions and investment services. The models are used both internally and directly by our clients.
- Pensions Management Consulting (London office only): provide a wide range of consultancy services to pension schemes of all shapes and sizes and advise both trustees and employers who sponsor these pensions schemes.
To find out more information about our department offerings, please click here to view our graduate brochure.
Everyone always has time to help, no matter how junior or senior! I've learnt so much thanks to the variety of work I've had and the excellent work and study support provided.
LCP CARES - our promise to our clients, our colleagues and the wider community
Watch the video to find out more about working with LCP and our client promise.