The protection of information has always been of high importance within LCP, both the protection of client data and of our internal LCP data – both physical and digital. Our certification in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and Cyber Essentials demonstrates best practice in information security, which is important to our clients and future clients.
What is ISO 27001:2013?
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISO 27001) is the only auditable international standard that provides the specification for a best-practice information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set of policies, procedures, processes and systems that manage information risks, such as cyber attacks, hacks, data leaks or theft. It is one of the most popular information security standards in the world, with certifications growing by more than 450% in the past ten years.
ISO 27001 is supported by its code of practice for information security management, ISO/IEC 27002:2013. Achieving accredited certification to ISO 27001 provides an independent, expert assessment that information security is managed in line with international best practice and business objectives.
Certification to ISO/IEC 27001 demonstrates that an organisation has defined and put in place best-practice information security processes. Not all organisations choose to get certified but use ISO 27001 as a framework for best practice.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001:2013?
- Helps to protect client and employee information by compliance to an auditable international standard for information security practices
- Helps to demonstrate that LCP have evidence of compliance with the GDPR
- Helps to align LCP with the information security priorities and requirements of existing and future clients
- Demonstrates that LCP are committed to ongoing improvements to information security processes and strategies and
- Demonstrates that LCP have practices for Identifying and reducing information security risks.
Cyber security has always been of high importance within LCP, both the protection of client data and of our internal LCP data. Our certification in the UK Government backed scheme, Cyber Essentials, demonstrates that LCP have measures protecting against a whole range of the most common cyber attacks.
Cyber Essentials compliments LCP’s certification to ISO27001:2013 (ISO27001) which is the specification for a best-practice information security management system (ISMS).
Click here to access LCP’s Cyber Essentials certificate.
What is Cyber Essentials?
Developed by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), Cyber Essentials certification gives peace of mind that LCP defences will protect against the vast majority of common cyber attacks.
What are the benefits of Cyber Essentials
- Helps protect client and employee information;
- Helps to demonstrate that LCP has evidence of compliance with GDPR;
- Helps to align LCP with the cyber security priorities and requirements of existing and future clients and regulators (e.g. The Pensions Regulator);
- Demonstrates that LCP are committed to ongoing improvements to cyber security processes and strategies; and
- Demonstrates that LCP have systems and practices for defending and reducing cyber security risks.