Website and marketing
Third Party Privacy Notice
LCP is listed on the register of data controllers held by the Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection registration number is Z6661882.
Delta-EE is listed on the register of data controllers held the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). Our data protection registration number is ZA695530.
References to “we”, “use” or “our” are to LCP and/or Delta-EE.
Scope of this policy
Why do we collect personal data?
The primary purpose of our website is to be a dynamic resource and business tool to help you learn more about us. When visiting our website, we are committed to maintaining your privacy.
What personal data do we gather and how?
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- data that you provide by filling in forms on our website, e.g. registering for an event, downloading a publication or submitting your marketing preference;
- if you contact us with an enquiry, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- our website collects data about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is for the purpose of system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics;
We collect personal data on our websites in two ways:
- directly (for example, when you fill in a form and provide data to access a publication, contact us or register to attend an event or webinar); and
What is the lawful basis for processing?
Applicable data protection law means we must have a valid lawful basis for processing your personal data. There are six possible lawful bases for processing, which are set out in Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For the purposes below we do not require your consent to process your personal data because the processing is necessary:
- in order to provide you with the information or services that you’ve requested
- to respond to your enquiry
- for our legitimate business interests; which are to develop and diversify our business including to provide insight on who uses our services and how
However, you do have the right to object to how we process your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing. Please see section on “Your rights” for more details.
How do we use data that we collect from our website?
We use your personal data to provide you with our services or respond to your enquiry.
For example we may use your personal data:
- to fulfil your contact us form requests;
- to give you access to our content eg publications, articles, bulletins or other content;
- to fulfil your registration to one of our events or webinars;
- to personalise your experience on our website; and
- to contact you for marketing purposes (see Marketing section below).
We analyse your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and make it more effective. Please see our cookies policy for more information.
Where you have consented to receiving marketing communications from us, through our Email Preference Centre or otherwise, we may use your personal data to send you targeted emails for marketing purposes.
We send commercial e-mails to individuals at our client or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws. This may include information about events, thought leadership, surveys and topical updates.
Our targeted e-mail messages typically include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from us, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Preferences and opt out
To update your email marketing preferences or your details please click here.
To opt out of all email communications please click here.
To update your email marketing preferences for LCP Delta emails, or to opt out of email communications from LCP Delta please click here.
We regularly review all our systems, policies and technologies to ensure that these continue to work effectively to protect your personal data. However, the security of transmission of information via the internet cannot always be guaranteed. We ensure that our staff receive regular training on information security and data protection.
LCP meets the ISO27001 standard for information security management systems and Cyber essentials Plus. For further information on our information security please click here.
Data retention periods
We will retain your personal data for so long as the purpose you have provided it for still exists unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We will delete your data five years post your last interaction with us unless requested otherwise.
We request that you do not disclose any sensitive personal data (this relates to information about your health, race or ethnicity origins, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, sexual life or details of criminal offences), or any more personal data than is necessary through our website.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access – the right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold.
- Right to rectification – the right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – the right to have your data deleted or removed if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained.
- Right to restrict processing – the right to request that the way in which we use your data is restricted to certain uses which you may specify.
- Right to data portability – the right, where applicable, to have your data transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances eg for direct marketing purposes. In the event that you have not consented to our use of your personal data and we are not using your data in a way in which you would reasonably expect or you do not consider that we are using your data for your benefit, then you may object to us collecting and using your personal data. You may withdraw any consent you have given in respect of your personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details below. We will aim to respond to any request received from you within one month of receipt.
Transfer outside of the EEA
We will only transfer your data outside of the UK or European Economic Area in circumstances where:
- you ask us to do so;
- the UK Secretary of State has determined that the country, territory and/or organisation that is receiving the data ensures an adequate level of protection; and/or
- there are appropriate safeguards in place for your data (ie your rights in respect of that data are still enforceable and effective remedies are still available to you).
Automated decision making
We do not use any form of automated decision making which could have a negative impact on you.
We use marketing automation and scoring to help us provide you with information that is relevant to you. You can view our cookies policy here.
How to contact us?
The Data Protection Officer
Lane Clark & Peacock LLP
95 Wigmore Street
We aim to meet the highest standards when collecting and using your personal data. However, if you believe we are not meeting these standards and wish to make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you are not satisfied with our response you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.