How to apply
Who are we looking for?
We look for graduates with the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent). We welcome graduates from a wide range of disciplines who are prepared for the high level of mathematical content the actuarial training and profession delivers
- An A-grade in A-Level mathematics (or equivalent)
- Good A-Level grades in other subjects (a total of 320 UCAS points is desirable)
How to apply
Apply using our online application form here.
If you have any questions on the online application or on our graduate programme we are happy for you to ask away. We like enquiring minds!
Timescales and selection process
- 1 September 2019: Applications open for our 2020 graduate programme
- September: We start reviewing applications for the graduate programme
- Late October - December: Assessment days held
- 15 November 2019: Closing date for applications
- Following September: Graduate programme commences
Competition for places on our programme is high so we encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
Shortlisted graduates will be invited to take part in our one-day assessment process. This not only gives us a chance to meet and get to know you, but allows you the opportunity to see our offices, location, people, how we work, and gives you a general feel for LCP.
It will usually involve:
- A group exercise
- Two interviews (typically with a consultant and partner)
- An opportunity to meet people within LCP of varying levels
- An office tour
- A chance to meet with recent graduates over lunch
We’ll be in touch shortly after the assessment day to let you know the results.