Who are we looking for?
We look for graduates with the following attributes:
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Desire to Learn
- Academic grades as set out in the table below
LCP Entry Requirements
(see comments on contextualisation below)
|Actuarial||Maths A grade||2:1 any subject|
|Investment||Numerical subject A grade ||2:1 any subject|
|Business Analytics||Maths A grade||2:1 Numerical subject|
|Insurance||Maths A grade ||2:1 any subject|
|DC||Numerical subject A grade||2:1 any subject|
|PMC||A-levels to a high standard||2:1 any subject|
Whilst we have A-level grade requirements as set out above, we think it is very important to consider academic results in the context in which they were achieved – so as to give everyone a fair chance. This is why we have introduced a contextualised grading platform. Contextualised grading considers factors such as school and college performance, as well as personal circumstances, giving us a better indication of your potential. To find out more, please click here: https://realrating.co.uk/
Once you have applied to LCP, we will send you an email with a link to the REALrating platform, to complete if you feel it is appropriate to you.
How to apply
Apply using our online application form here.
If you have any questions on the online application or on our graduate programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy for you to ask away, we like enquiring minds!
Timescales and selection process
- 17 August 2020: Applications open for our 2021 graduate programme
- August 2020: We start reviewing applications for the graduate programme
- Late September - December 2020: Assessment days held
- 13 November 2020: Closing date for applications
- September 2021: Graduate programme commences
Competition for places on our programme is high so we encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
Shortlisted graduates will be invited to take part in our one-day assessment process. As a result of the ongoing COVID pandemic, we are expected to move to online assessment days, until such time as it is safe to reopen our offices. The intention is that our online assessment days will still give us a chance to meet and get to know you, whilst giving you the opportunity to hear about our offices, locations, people, culture, how we work, and a general feel for LCP.
Our assessment days will usually involve:
- A group exercise
- Two interviews (typically with a consultant and partner)
- An opportunity to meet people within LCP of varying levels
- A chance to meet with recent graduates to discuss what our graduate roles and work at LCP are like
We’ll be in touch shortly after the assessment day to let you know the results.