TransferLab is an advanced online data-scouting platform aimed at enhancing the player recruitment process for professional football organisations, including football clubs from around the world and player agencies.
When it comes to player recruitment within professional football organisations, the upside and downside risks are significant. The advanced analytics available within TransferLab can help clubs and agencies predict future performance, unearth hidden talent and find optimal replacements. TransferLab provides comprehensive global coverage of both men's and women's football.
TransferLab is the outcome of a collaboration between LCP and Analytics FC, a football consultancy which seeks to assist football organisations through provision of advice, software and data services. This partnership sees Analytics FC’s in-depth knowledge and experience of professional football fuse with LCP’s modelling expertise and proven skill in presenting advanced analysis in a user-friendly and interactive way.
How we can help
TransferLab is an online data scouting platform which our clients are able to access on a subscription basis.
How it works
TransferLab uses event data from around over 100 men's leagues and 20 women's leagues from around the world, covering over 80,000 male and over 5000 female players . It assesses each player’s past performance and predicts their future performance, based on a Markov chain model of how each interaction during a game impacts the likelihood of the player’s team scoring the next goal.
For an inside view on how TransferLab works, watch our video on YouTube.
TransferLab then presents this information in an easy-to-use online platform. Key features of this platform include:
- Quality scores: provides a quality rating for each and every player on the platform, based on their performance in matches during a specified period (from the last month only up to three years)
- Custom metric profiles: users can rank players against their own specified skillset, so each club can scout for players who suit their own style of play. Watch how it works here
- League-to-League exchange rate: a statistically derived league-to-league exchange rate provides directly comparable ratings for players in leagues of differing strengths.
- Age curves: projecting how a player’s quality will change over their future career - these future quality projections are based on statistical analysis of how specific skillsets improve or decline with age. Read more about this feature here
- Best XI: quickly identify the best player(s) in every position from any of the leagues included in the platform (also searchable by age categories – eg you can identify the best players aged under 23 in each position in any league). Watch how it works here
- Compare players: clear visuals allow quick comparisons between players by skillsets. Watch how it works here
- Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) points calculator: instantly see where players fall in the four categories under the GBE criteria agreed between the FA and Home Office, to determine whether players are likely to be eligible to play in England
- Find similar: identify a player who shares similar strengths and weaknesses to another player. This function allows a club to identify a replacement for a player who is ageing or leaving the club. Alternatively, a club can search for an alternative signing where a target player is unavailable (a ‘young Kante’ perhaps?) Watch how it works here
- Scout management: clubs can organise their scouting network by uploading player/ match reports and assigning scouts to matches
We believe TransferLab is the most sophisticated tool of its kind available to clubs and agencies in the market today. Our model has many similarities to the recruitment model developed by the in-house analytics team at Liverpool FC, which has received notable acclaim in the media.
Our latest thinking
Explore our work across technology & analytics
We provide bespoke modelling and analytical solutions for our clients. Whatever the situation or scenario we can help provide a solution that fits your needs.
We combine the latest technology and analytics with our energy market expertise to help our clients forecast the GB and Irish electricity markets, and help them understand how their business will be impacted.
Our health analytics approach leverages the increasing availability of data and our cutting-edge modelling approaches to put timely actionable data in the hands of key stakeholders.
We help insurers make better decisions by giving them a deeper understanding of their risks. We do this by providing flexible, intuitive tools that use machine learning to automate and assist actuarial work.
We develop innovative and intuitive technology to help our scheme trustees and sponsors make better investment and funding decisions around their pension strategy.