We help our clients invest responsibly and consider the real-world impact of their decisions.
At LCP, we are committed to supporting our clients and the broader investment community in taking account of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in investment decisions. We encourage them to take a systemic view, recognising that what happens in the real world impacts financial markets, and what happens in the financial sector impacts the real world.
We help our clients to manage risks and improve outcomes using a process of inform – agree – engage – change.
- Inform to understand the current position and what’s possible
- Agree on areas of consensus to define policy and clear actions
- Engage with managers to gain understanding and improve standards
- Change managers and/or select new managers and asset classes where appropriate.
We encourage our clients to align their investment strategy with net zero emissions by 2050 given the potential of climate risk to permanently destroy value.
How we can help
We can help you with a wide range of responsible investment activities, including:
- delivering general training or more tailored discussion on specific topics;
- exploring your responsible investment beliefs to inform decision-making;
- implementing a governance framework and business plan for managing climate-related risks and opportunities;
- assessing your investment managers’ responsible investment capabilities and approaches;
- monitoring ESG metrics, voting behaviour and engagement examples for your portfolio;
- engaging with your managers to encourage improvements in their ESG, stewardship and other investment practices;
- including ESG and stewardship considerations as an integral part of manager selection exercises;
- selecting and appointing investment managers for specialist ESG strategies;
- considering responsible investment issues as part of wider strategic decisions, including through the use of climate change scenario analysis; and
- preparing member communications and other disclosures, including meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Our latest thinking
How we can help
We help central banks design and implement investment strategies to get the most out of their reserves in a risk-controlled manner.
We help charities and endowments construct investment strategies and pick the right investment funds to both meet their financial objectives and be aligned with their missions.
We help you make important investment decisions, and make sure that your investments are performing as you need them to.
Our investment team works with trustees of DB and DC schemes to set bespoke investment strategies and select fund managers. Using our market-leading technology, we help you navigate your journey by providing you with clear, actionable insights which enable you to make better short and long-term investment decisions.
Setting a good investment strategy and picking the right funds is fundamental for wealth managers and advisers to be able to deliver better outcomes for their clients. Our role is to advise clients on investment strategy and fund manager selection bringing institutional discipline to the retail market.
Every sovereign wealth fund has its own unique circumstances and challenges. As an independent consultancy, we’re not linked to any asset manager and we don’t sell investment products.
We help pension scheme trustees and sponsors to determine the ultimate destination for their scheme and help them put together a plan to get there, including how to effectively manage the risks they face along the way.
We help our clients identify technological and data led solutions to solve the issues they face. From risk modelling for pension clients to providing insight to the energy market, we use the latest cutting-edge technology to help clients make better and more informed business decisions.