We help pension scheme trustees and sponsors to determine the ultimate destination for their scheme – be that buy-out, self-sufficiency or a consolidator – and help them put together a plan to get there, including how to effectively manage the risks they face along the way.
The choices and the journey will be unique from scheme to scheme. We’re independent, so we don’t sell products, or a “one size fits all” pensions strategy. Instead, we work closely with our clients to understand their objectives and put together creative solutions to achieve them, only suggesting things we believe are relevant to you.
Effective, joined-up risk management, embedded in a thorough understanding of the full dynamics of that scheme, is essential to maximise the chance of getting to the desired destination and, ultimately, results in better decisions and outcomes for members.
Our approach is also consistent with the changes afoot on funding regulation and the direction of travel we see from the Pensions’ Regulator including its thoughts on Integrated Risk Management and setting Long Term Funding Targets.
How we can help
We support trustees and sponsors to confidently make the decisions that are right for their schemes and members. Our advice draws on support from our specialist teams, as needed, all working together as one team under one roof to give holistic advice, tailored for you. Our specialist teams include covenant, funding, investment, longevity de-risking, liability management and member choice, consolidator and governance experts.
We can help you to set and document appropriate strategic objectives for your scheme and will equip you with the tools, advice and understanding to monitor and meet them. Our approach involves pulling together key investment and funding decisions, set within a robust understanding of the sponsor’s covenant to the scheme. We encourage collaboration between trustees and sponsors and their respective advisors to achieve the best outcome for their schemes, for example through designing and facilitating interactive, strategy workshops.
- LCP Sonar, our risk profiling tool, enables you to see at a glance the key risks facing your scheme. It is based around our 10-key risk framework which makes thinking about risks more accessible and intuitive than before.
- LCP Visualise enables you to track progress on your scheme’s journey over time. It helps trustees and sponsors manage risks in an integrated way and can support a regular “integrated risk management” dashboard, bringing together all relevant information on one page. (insert link)
Our Chart your own course report, looks at all aspects of journey planning and risk management and offers practical insights into actions trustees can take to manage their long-term journey effectively.
- Covid-19 in practice: How are corporate sponsors tackling the current pensions challenges? On-demand webinar
- Managing the impact of Covid-19 - pensions action plan for companies
- Navigating uncertain times: An action plan for trustees
- LCP Vista: our latest investment thinking
- Charting mortality trends: signposts for an uncertain journey
- Benchmark your scheme with LCP Sonar
- Checklist: How do your risks stack up
Our latest thinking
How we can help
We provide individual and high quality actuarial advice, taking a collaborative approach between trustees, employer and advisers, to ensure a focus on good member outcomes.
We are market leaders at each stage of de-risking, including planning, investment strategy, transactional services and wind up.
We help sponsors of pension schemes understand and manage the costs and risks associated with supporting their current and legacy pension schemes as well as other employee benefits.
We help trustees understand and monitor the employer covenant.
We help you get your investment strategy right to ensure good member outcomes in your DB and DC schemes.
LCP LifeAnalytics is a unique tool that allows you to measure the longevity risk in your pension scheme.
We help companies manage and mitigate their pensions risks and costs.
We advise on all aspects of management and design of health and well-being employee benefits package.
We help trustees achieve their strategic goals, with solution-led, appropriate advice.