Finding certainty in uncertain times
As the UK starts to move out of lockdown, what have the effects of the Covid-19 crisis been on the pensions de-risking market?
In this report, we look at how resilient the buy-in, buy-out and longevity swap market has been to Covid-19, and the opportunities available to pension plans looking to insure their pension liabilities.
With so much uncertainty for the future, it is increasingly important for those interested in de-risking to be ahead of the curve as dynamics in the market change. Download our report to stay on top of the latest pensions de-risking developments and opportunities.
- The impact of the Covid-19 crisis: how the market has been remarkably resilient with significant activity has continuing throughout
- Insurer pricing: how the pandemic pushed buy-in pricing to record levels of attractiveness and pricing continues to be better than at the start of the year
- Opportunities: how further pricing opportunities could emerge in the tumultuous economic climate and what schemes should be doing now to seize opportunities
- Forecasts for the future: insights from our de-risking team
- Case studies of how LCP has helped:
- The British Bankers’ Association complete their full buy-in at the height of the Covid-19 crisis
- The Tate & Lyle Group Pension Scheme to achieve full insurance 7 years ahead of schedule
- The British American Tobacco UK Pension Fund to complete a £3.4bn buy-in – the second largest buy-in ever completed at the time
How we can help
We are market leaders at each stage of de-risking, including planning, investment strategy, transactional services and wind up.
We help you get your investment strategy right to ensure good member outcomes in your DB and DC schemes.
We help pension scheme trustees and sponsors to determine the ultimate destination for their scheme and help them put together a plan to get there, including how to effectively manage the risks they face along the way.
We help trustees achieve their strategic goals, with solution-led, appropriate advice.