Pensions & benefits
de-risking report 2016
10 years on and one million pensions in the UK have now been insured through buy-ins and buy-outs
Our annual report on the buy-in, buy-out and longevity swap market is now in its tenth year. We look at how the market has developed over the past 10 years since the first pensioner buy-in in 2007. 2016 marked a key milestone with the pensions of over one million people in the UK now insured through a buy-in or buy-out.
Looking forward, with pensioner buy-in pricing at its most favourable level since 2011, relative to holding gilts, we predict that buy-in and buy-out volumes will set a new record of over £15bn in 2017.
What's inside pensions de-risking 2016?
- Review of 2016 and our predictions for 2017;
- Current pricing opportunities;
- Outlook for supply and demand in 2017;
- Solvency II – what impact has it had?
- How to use a de-risking framework to combine investment and longevity risk;
- Options for smaller pension plans; and
- Case studies on buy-ins by Aggregate Industries and ICI Pension Fund plus smaller scheme buy-outs and medically underwritten buy-ins
How we can help
We are market leaders at each stage of de-risking, including planning, investment strategy, transactional services and wind up.Meet some of our experts
We support trustees and employers through the complex process of winding up a scheme.Meet some of our experts
We help companies manage and mitigate their pensions risks and costs.Meet some of our experts
We help companies navigate through the complexity of pensions provision.Meet some of our experts
We help trustees achieve their strategic goals, with solution-led, appropriate advice.Meet some of our experts
LCP LifeAnalytics is a unique tool that allows you to measure the longevity risk in your pension scheme.Meet some of our experts