Pensions & benefits
fees survey 2017
Why are investment managers charging more… but not actually doing more?
In our sixth survey on investment management fees we explore the fee paradox – managers’ fee rates are down, but investors are paying more. Our survey revealed that pension schemes are paying investment managers up to 70% more than they were six years ago, highlighting just how important it is for pension schemes to regularly monitor their investment managers and put negotiating pressure on them to reduce fees.
As well as exploring key issues and trends with investment fees, our investment management fees survey is a useful resource to help you:
- benchmark existing manager fee arrangements
- negotiate fee levels
- compare fees for investment manager appointments
- Summary: survey findings at a glance
- Fee survey data room: view how fees vary across managers using interactive charts - access it here
- Blog: We asked investment managers about their fees, and this is what we learnt - read it here
- Research: Our latest survey suggests that the majority of investment funds used by UK pension schemes lack any independent governance arrangements - read it here
Services reflected in this publication
We identify and research investment managers that can generate the performance our clients expect.Meet some of our experts
We take a practical and cost effective approach to helping trustees improve pension governance.Meet some of our experts