Our report analyses recent trends in mortality and the emerging evidence from the ONS that there have been fewer deaths reported in 2019 so far than in recent years.
Understanding and managing longevity risk is a key part of journey planning for a pension scheme. Adopting up-to-date projections which allow for the latest trends in life expectancies may have important implications for your scheme.
- Trends in mortality: 2018 saw the highest number of deaths for two decades
- Variations in life expectancy increases by degrees of deprivation
- Will climate change increase or decrease life expectancies?
- Mortality modelling: updated models reduce future projected life expectancies
- LCP Life Analytics can help you assess the financial risk of mortality
How we can help
We provide individual and high quality actuarial advice, taking a collaborative approach between trustees, employer and advisers, to ensure a focus on good member outcomes.
We are market leaders at each stage of de-risking, including planning, investment strategy, transactional services and wind up.
We help sponsors of pension schemes understand and manage the costs and risks associated with supporting their current and legacy pension schemes as well as other employee benefits.
We help trustees understand and monitor the employer covenant.
We help you get your investment strategy right to ensure good member outcomes in your DB and DC schemes.
We provide a bespoke, high quality pensions administration service.
We help clients identify, manage and monitor pensions risks in an integrated way.
We help trustees achieve their strategic goals, with solution-led, appropriate advice.