Pensions & benefits
trends: signposts for an uncertain journey
Our report analyses recent trends in mortality and the emerging evidence from the ONS that there have been fewer deaths reported in 2019 so far than in recent years.
Understanding and managing longevity risk is a key part of journey planning for a pension scheme. Adopting up-to-date projections which allow for the latest trends in life expectancies may have important implications for your scheme.
- Trends in mortality: 2018 saw the highest number of deaths for two decades
- Variations in life expectancy increases by degrees of deprivation
- Will climate change increase or decrease life expectancies?
- Mortality modelling: updated models reduce future projected life expectancies
- LCP Life Analytics can help you assess the financial risk of mortality
How we can help
We provide individual and high quality actuarial advice, taking a collaborative approach between trustees, employer and advisers, to ensure a focus on good member outcomes.Discover more
We are market leaders at each stage of de-risking, including planning, investment strategy, transactional services and wind up.Discover more
We help you get your investment strategy right to ensure good member outcomes in your DB and DC schemes.Discover more
We provide a bespoke, high quality pensions administration service.Discover more
We help clients identify, manage and monitor pensions risks in an integrated way.Meet some of our experts
Do you know how much longevity risk your pension scheme is running?
Click START to answer three simple questions about your scheme to find out if you're thinking about longevity risk in the right way.start