15 June 2022
This week we’re joined by Dr Rebecca Newton, Organisational Psychologist, visiting Fellow at the LSE, and CEO of CoachAdviser, for a wide-ranging conversation about modern work life. We cover how the landscape of business culture and leadership has changed radically over 20 years, and what’s going wrong today for many business execs and leaders. What is joy and why does it matter in the workplace? What is gravitas and why do so many of Rebecca’s clients want it, and why does it matter that it’s authentic?
- Rebecca has been working with senior leaders on leadership and culture for 20 years – what changes has she seen in that period? Is there more engagement on the importance of a healthy culture now than before?
- What’s the most common thing leaders get wrong when Rebecca first starts working with them?
- Authentic Gravitas: the concept of Rebecca’s book and key messages, why this is important?
- Do the concepts only apply to leaders?
- The importance of joy and energy in the workplace and how everyone can understand and harness these important drivers?
- What’s next - we discuss Rebecca’s areas of focus over the next 12 months
What's one thing to take away?
Your joy at work matters. It’s not always perfect – we’ll all get windows where we don’t find joy. But the research shows joy impacts cognitive performance, innovation, engagement and motivation.
What's the most underappreciated thing about this area?
The impact it can have on your work and your life, whatever your role.
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.