3 November 2021
You can listen to our podcasts online via the player below or search for 'Investment Uncut' and review, rate and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pocket Casts or SoundCloud.
This week’s guest is Zoe Burdo, LCP’s D&I Manager and we’re talking about the future of inclusion in the investment industry.
Prompted by the recent FCA discussion paper, which many firms will have completed, we delve into some of the discussions that went into LCP’s views on the paper. We cover key barriers to progress, small things that are under-rated, and what ought to be the role of regulation and data. We keep coming back to the issue of authenticity, and what it really means to do this in an authentic way.
- The most important tools for improving diversity & inclusion
- Simple things that can have an outsize impact
- Who is accountable to whom in the industry
- The challenge of holding others accountable when an organisation is itself lacking – you don’t have to be perfect
- The challenge of authenticity over perfection
- The temptation to prioritise what’s measurable and the unintended consequences this can create
- What does authenticity actually look like
One thing to take away
Don’t be afraid to take action, don’t wait for perfect and don’t assume you need to be perfect.
The most underappreciated thing about investing
The emotional energy that those taking this conversation forward put into this issue on an ongoing basis at a grassroots level.
Zoe has been keeping up with the jam-packed news agenda!
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.