10 November 2021
This week, show hosts Dan Mikulskis and Mary Spencer are delighted to welcome back Senior Consultant and fund researcher at LCP, Nikki Matthews. Following a recent research piece from Nikki on Govcoins, they delve into digital currencies, including a digital currency the UK Government is looking to launch, and the implications this will have.
- One of our most popular ever episodes was on Bitcoin. We recap on this conversation:
- Recent ETF launches
- High profile institutional investors
- Links to retail investors, memestocks, investor behaviour
- A quick explainer on government digital currencies – what are they, and why are they happening?
- The future of Money and the benefits of a central bank issued digital coin such as timestamped money and stimulus payments.
- What else Nikki is currently researching, including how managers are positioning their portfolios and new ideas such as carbon credits.
- Dan’s thoughts on COP26, and his takeaways so far, including how far the private sector has come, and the sectors that are winning and losing.
One thing to take away
Look out for the new ideas, but also think about how these new ideas affect your current ideas.
The most underappreciated thing about investing
The power of rebalancing.
- Think again - Adam Grant
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.