30 April 2021
Inside insight - 20 minutes with David Fairs
As part of our "Leading the Way" journey planning series, we sat down with The Pension Regulator's (TPR) David Fairs to reflect on the challenges and volatility that came with Covid-19 as well as discussing what lies ahead for trustees, sponsors and TPR.
Key topics of discussion included:
- How schemes have fared in response to the pandemic and what to expect from TPR’s upcoming Annual Funding Statement.
- Longevity assumptions in light of Covid-19.
- Fast-Track: TPR continues to review feedback from the first stage of its consultation on a revised code of practice and will publish an impact assessment.
- The Regulator has seen indications of ‘broader interest’ in using Collective Defined Contribution schemes (CDC) although there is still someway yet to go in the regulatory process needed for the first schemes to emerge.
- TPR continues to see innovation in capital backed models and a DWP response to last year’s consultation on Superfunds and wider capital backed models is expected soon.
- Climate change and ESG issues: David Fairs discusses the practical support that exists for trustees on these issues.