23 September 2020
On this episode, show hosts Dan Mikulskis and Mary Spencer are joined by Gavin Lewis (Managing Director at BlackRock, Member of the Diversity Project and Founder of Talkaboutblack) and have a riveting discussion about race in investing.
- Why we need to get comfortable being uncomfortable and have conversations about race, and about Black
- The danger of equating experiences
- Moving on from “diverse talent” to just talent
- Why talkaboutblack was born to start conversations about a taboo subject
- Is there a conformity issue in investing?
- The downside of a focus on culture
- What racism looks like in practice (it might not be what you think)
- The subtle (and unsubtle) barriers that Black people face in investing
- Moving from diversity, to inclusion, to performance
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.