22 July 2020
Here's the series in a nutshell...
Asset Class Episodes:
- Episode 4: Lessons learned from crises with Stuart McKinnon
- Episode 12: Latest on UK Property and Real Asset investing with Andy Jacobson
- Episode 11: Deepdive on Emerging Markets with Anais Caldwell-Jones
- Episode 15: Investing in Private Credit with Steve Hodder
- Episode 16: Income investing with Hish Ravindra
- Episode 21: Investing in Energy
- Investing can be boiled down to a simple equation
- All asset classes make money in one of two ways
- Is the term Emerging Markets outdated and are labels helpful generally?
- Episode 3: Responsible Investing with Claire Jones
- Episode 6: Understanding Risk with Allison Schrager
- Episode 10: Forecasting in volatile times with Natalie Brain
- Episode 13: Government in a crisis
- Episode 17: Negative rates – why do it?
- Episode 18: Inflation with Jon Camfield
- Uncertainty vs risk
- Resilience as a risk management tool
- The possibility of negative inflation toward the end of the summer and how hard it is to measure inflation when no-one is buying anything
Asset Manager Selection
- Episode 1: Investment managers with Matt Gibson
- Episode 19: Manager Selection in Private Wealth with Ryan Hughes
- Episode 20: Global Wealth Strategy with Chris Ralph of SJP
- Things continued to “work” with managers this year despite other issues
- It never gets easy, humility and a learning approach are needed
- Episode 5: How people invest with Nikki Matthews
- Episode 8: Getting behind Groupthink with Zoe Burdo
- Devil’s advocates and scapegoats
- Episode 7: Book Club: The Big Short with Nisha Gogna
- Episode 14: The Book Club – The Man Who Solved the Market
- Be an outcast
- The power of different perspectives
Dan's summer reading recommendations:
Mary’s summer reading recommendations
Top Podcast recommendations
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.