Pensions de-risking update - September 2018
2018 has reached a tipping point for the UK buy-in and buy-out market and may be the first year where demand from pension plans outstrips insurer capacity. A record £7.8bn of pension buy-ins and buy-outs were completed by UK pension plans in the first six months of the year, making the first half of 2018 the busiest ever start to the year.
In this update we look at the latest developments in buy-ins, buy-outs and longevity swaps, including:
- Key market activity and what it means for the outlook for schemes approaching the market
- H1 2018: facts and figures
- Buy-in/out market in 2018 and beyond – how the dynamics are changing
- Insights from our experts: The £855m full buy-out of the PA Consulting Pension Scheme
- A round up of our latest events, publications and resources
The buy-in and buy-out market is reaching a pivotal point and the next 12 months promise to be an exciting period.