LCP has promoted 5 of its staff to partner.
Stephen Davies, partner and board member at LCP, said: “LCP has experienced significant growth over the past 5 years, and these promotions take us to 98 partners within the firm. Our 2014 promotions across our pensions, insurance and analytics teams underline the challenges our clients are facing and the solutions that LCP is able to bring to them.”
- Gareth Davies joined LCP in 2011, having qualified as an actuary in 2006, and has more than 10 years of experience advising a wide range of clients on their pension schemes. Gareth is actively involved in helping to advise companies and trustees on risk-reduction strategies, including several buy-in and buy-out transactions as a member of LCP's buy-out practice. Gareth has a first class degree in Mathematics from Southampton University.
- Catherine Drummond joined LCP from Imperial College in 2005 after graduating with a first class degree in Physics. She qualified as an actuary in 2008. She has a variety of experience in non-life insurance consulting including reserving and capital modelling as well as all aspects of Solvency II implementation. Catherine works for a range of clients, providing actuarial and insurance consulting advice to Lloyd’s syndicates, non-life insurers and public insurance bodies.
- Carla Lakey works primarily as part of LCP’s corporate consulting team, helping clients with their pensions strategy and accounting issues. Carla originally began her career with LCP in 1999 and re-joined the firm in 2012 having spent a number of years working in a variety of finance roles within the headquarters of a global household name retailer. As a qualified actuary and chartered certified accountant Carla has a unique blend of pensions and finance experience which enables her to translate key issues between the “corporate” and “pensions” world. She is currently involved in a number of scheme design review projects, helping clients achieve designs which better manage their pensions costs and risks.
- Tom Porter joined LCP in 2009 after graduating with a first class degree in Mathematics and Statistics from Oxford University. He currently heads-up financial modelling across LCP’s actuarial, investment and business analytics departments. Tom specialises in analysis of the energy markets, where he works with a range of clients - including working closely with the UK Government to understand the effect of their environmental policies on the electricity market.
- Gordon Watchorn joined LCP from Warwick University in 2003, and qualified as an actuary in 2010. He advises a wide range of clients on their pension schemes - including both sponsoring companies and trustees of pension schemes. Recently this has included advice on the changes to the annual and lifetime allowance, de-risking pension schemes and valuation/budgeting negotiations. Gordon also advises several financial companies in respect of their pension risk assessment for the Prudential Regulation Authority.