The protection of information has always been of high importance within LCP, both the protection of client data and of our internal LCP data – both physical and digital. Our certification in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 demonstrates best practice in information security, which is important to our clients and future clients.
“Lane Clark & Peacock demonstrated a consistently high level of commitment to the process and without exception all staff demonstrated a consistently high degree of awareness of practical application of procedures to secure information. There is a clear and present culture of innovative improvement, and a committed enthusiasm which was a breath of fresh air to witness.”
What is ISO 27001:2013?
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISO 27001) is the only auditable international standard that provides the specification for a best-practice information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set of policies, procedures, processes and systems that manage information risks, such as cyber attacks, hacks, data leaks or theft. It is one of the most popular information security standards in the world, with certifications growing by more than 450% in the past ten years.
ISO 27001 is supported by its code of practice for information security management, ISO/IEC 27002:2013. Achieving accredited certification to ISO 27001 provides an independent, expert assessment that information security is managed in line with international best practice and business objectives.
Certification to ISO/IEC 27001 demonstrates that an organisation has defined and put in place best-practice information security processes. Not all organisations choose to get certified but use ISO 27001 as a framework for best practice.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001:2013?
- Helps to protect client and employee information by compliance to an auditable international standard for information security practices
- Helps to demonstrate that LCP have evidence of compliance with the GDPR
- Helps to align LCP with the information security priorities and requirements of existing and future clients
- Demonstrates that LCP are committed to ongoing improvements to information security processes and strategies and
- Demonstrates that LCP have practices for Identifying and reducing information security risks.