Reserving adequacy is crucial to succeeding in the insurance market. But some of the biggest risks to your reserves are not reflected in the historical claims data
We give you clear advice on the relative strength of your reserves. We provide insightful analysis of claims trends and external developments from the wider market. And we give assurance to the Board to enable you to make well-informed decisions over the level of booked reserves.
How we can help
We provide robust independent challenge on reserves, combined with a collaborative approach and knowledge transfer.
We tailor our advice according to your needs. We can help with:
- An independent external opinion on the strength of the reserves and an understanding of the uncertainty around them
- Independent challenge of approaches and assumptions – a fresh pair of eyes
- ‘Deep dives’ on particular emerging issues
- Additional insights – reserving can often be the first function to spot emerging trends or changes in internal processes, and can give valuable management information
- A market view – we can provide valuable market views and benchmark information regarding trends in frequency, severity and claims inflation.
- Communicating to stakeholders, whether internal or external capital providers or reinsurance partners
Our latest thinking
Explore our services
We work with insurers to help them better understand and manage the risks they face and their capital requirements.
LCP InsurSight is an analytics and automated trend identification tool for general insurance companies.
We help our insurance clients to develop strong links between their strategy, capital management and risk management processes, improving their chances of business success.
The key to a successful Part VII transfer are careful planning and clear communication.
We help our clients identify technological and data led solutions to solve the issues they face. From risk modelling for pension clients to providing insight to the energy market, we use the latest cutting-edge technology to help clients make better and more informed business decisions.
Our business-focused approach to validation can help you be confident that your insurance models are robust, and that you are meeting regulatory requirements.