How we helped a client meet a regulatory requirement in a way that also strengthened the links between data and decision making.
Reserving adequacy is crucial to succeeding in the insurance market. But some of the biggest risks to your reserves are not reflected in the historical claims data
We give you clear advice on the relative strength of your reserves. We provide insightful analysis of claims trends and external developments from the wider market. And we give assurance to the Board to enable you to make well-informed decisions over the level of booked reserves.
How we can help
We provide robust independent challenge on reserves, combined with a collaborative approach and knowledge transfer.
We tailor our advice according to your needs. We can help with:
- An independent external opinion on the strength of the reserves and an understanding of the uncertainty around them
- Independent challenge of approaches and assumptions – a fresh pair of eyes
- ‘Deep dives’ on particular emerging issues
- Additional insights – reserving can often be the first function to spot emerging trends or changes in internal processes, and can give valuable management information
- A market view – we can provide valuable market views and benchmark information regarding trends in frequency, severity and claims inflation.
- Communicating to stakeholders, whether internal or external capital providers or reinsurance partners
How we have helped our clients
How we helped our client navigate one of the world’s most competitive markets.
Our latest thinking
In this blog, Matthew Pearlman discusses the impact for insurers, following the reduction of the personal injury discount rate.3 April 2017
In this blog, Charl Cronje gives insurers his top tips on preparing for the review of the UK Court discount rate for personal injury lump sums.20 December 2016
Meet the team
We work with insurers to help them better understand and manage the risks they face and their capital requirements.Meet some of our experts
We help organisations to unlock business value from their Solvency II processes.Meet some of our experts