Back to normal or back to better? Learning from the past to improve the future.
As the certainty of longer, warmer days dawns and the promise of a road out of lockdown brings hope, we ask where we see ourselves as an industry? Now is a good time to evaluate the lessons from an unsettling year and take stock of the many changes trustees and employers are facing.
What to expect
Our half-day virtual conference includes a packed agenda covering a range of topical issues in the DC pensions industry. Our chair, Laura Myers, Head of DC, will be joined by guest speakers and experts from across LCP including Richard Butcher, Chair of the PLSA and Sir Steve Webb, Partner and former Pensions Minister.
Click here to read the full agenda, overviews of each presentation and speaker biographies.
We look forward to helping you consider the future of DC and Financial Wellbeing and the opportunities to go back to better.
Agenda & speakers
8:45 Conference opens
9:30 Session 1
- Welcome from conference chair Laura Myers
- The future of pensions Richard Butcher and Steve Webb
- How can employees think about the future when they're struggling to cope today? Heidi Allan
- Helping retirees make good choices Jonathan Camfield
- Investing lessons from the pandemic Sam Cobley
- Pathways to where? Dan Mikulskis
- Responsible Investment: engaging members by sharing your journey Mark Smith
10:50-11-05 - Elevenses break
11:05 Session 2
- Member communications; creating the best of both worlds Hayley Williams
- A better and more engaged future; is climate change the greatest opportunity? Stephen Budge
- Master Trusts: what is on the horizon? Georgina Smith
- Build back better - learning from lockdown Rory Sutherland
- Statutory statements - superlative or superfluous? Ed Dixon