LCP have provided modelling and analysis to support clients in evaluating a range of generation assets in Ireland under the new I-SEM market arrangements.
We work extensively in the Irish market, providing market modelling and analysis to investors, generation owners and governments.
Our Irish modelling framework has been specifically developed to represent the Irish market in detail, including the ISEM reforms. This includes:
- Stochastic modelling to capture the challenges and opportunities presented in a market with one of the highest penetration of wind generation in the world;
- Detailed modelling of the Interconnector flows with GB. The GB and Irish markets are simulated in parallel to capture the correlations in demand and intermittent generation;
- Integration of the ISEM capacity remuneration mechanism;
- Detailed modelling of the ISEM balancing market;
- The DS3 regime for ancillary services; and
- Locational constraints
How we can help
Our experience helping our clients in the Irish market
- Market modelling to support the acquisition of a CCGT and wind portfolio
- Market modelling to assess the opportunities for flexible generation under ISEM
- Providing the UK government with a model to assess Interconnector flows between the GB and Irish markets.
- Supporting an investor in potential wind asset purchases in Ireland, including detailed modelling of curtailment and imbalance risks
- An assessment of potential security of supply issues in Northern Ireland
How we have helped our clients
LCP has worked with a number of investors and generation owners in GB and Ireland to evaluate specific wind assets.
Explore our solutions
We can help our clients with a wide range of issues from whole system modelling to individual power plant and policy impact analysis.Discover more
Strategic advice aimed at maximising the benefits and minimising the risks associated with the Capacity Market and Contracts for Difference.Discover more
We advise on the optimal dispatch of assets within the wholesale market, forward planning of maintenance activities and valuation of commercial upgrades to plant.Discover more
We provide detailed forecasts of the GB and Irish power markets, using our EnVision modelling framework. This can provide both short-term and long-term forecasts of all key system metrics, from system wide to individual assets.Discover more
Our understanding of market dynamics and modelling experience allow us to offer evidence-based recommendations on complex policy and regulatory issues that allow fully informed decision-making.Discover more
We combine bottom-up unit-level modelling with market and policy insights to quantify the value and understand the risk associated with any generation asset.Discover more