LCP were commissioned by the Independent Generators Group (IGG) to quantify the value of interconnection to the GB both in terms of security of supply and to the system overall.
and operational optimisation
Operating assets in the GB and Irish Market is becoming increasingly complex, from optimal dispatch strategies to forward planning of maintenance activities and commercial plant upgrades.
Our EnVision modelling framework supports commercial decisions such as the optimal dispatch of assets within the wholesale market, forward planning of maintenance activities or valuation of commercial upgrades to plant. Our dispatch modelling is fully specified including both short term considerations, for example run-throughs at minimum load, and long-term considerations such as emission constraints and maintenance restrictions.
How we can help
- Provide valuations for flexibility upgrades such as efficiency, ramp rate, minimum load, start-up and shut-down time improvements
- Provide standalone in-house models for the optimisation of thermal generation and storage assets
- Provide financial projections including all components of an assets gross margin as well as maintenance costs, such as fixed and variable fees
- Advise on optimal running schedules to minimise maintenance costs
- Advise on optimal outage schedules, to minimise wholesale market losses, against differing market backgrounds.
How we have helped our clients
How LCP advisers helped DECC to identify technologies which can provide greatest benefits to the wide energy system.
Our Commercial and operational optimisation experts
Explore our solutions
We can help our clients with a wide range of issues from whole system modelling to individual power plant and policy impact analysis.Discover more
Strategic advice aimed at maximising the benefits and minimising the risks associated with the Capacity Market and Contracts for Difference.Discover more
We provide detailed forecasts of the GB and Irish power markets, using our EnVision modelling framework. This can provide both short-term and long-term forecasts of all key system metrics, from system wide to individual assets.Discover more
We work extensively in the Irish market, providing market modelling and analysis to investors, generation owners and governments.Irish market support
Our understanding of market dynamics and modelling experience allow us to offer evidence-based recommendations on complex policy and regulatory issues that allow fully informed decision-making.Discover more
We combine bottom-up unit-level modelling with market and policy insights to quantify the value and understand the risk associated with any generation asset.Discover more