At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We have exciting opportunities to start your career in pensions administration as a trainee.
Who are the department and what is the role?
By joining our pension's administration department you will be part of a team of committed professionals that gives their clients the best possible service. Each day is spent working on a number of clients leading to variety in the work that you will do. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on which will give you a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general.
As you develop and grow at LCP and move on from the trainee role there will be new and exciting opportunities in a number of areas. This may include involvement in specialist groups, helping develop internal procedures and training and undertaking more complex number and technical work.
What will you be doing?
- Producing calculations of member's benefits by either using pro forma or an automated calculation routine. Calculations will vary from scheme to scheme and will increase in complexity with experience.
- Preparing the appropriate explanatory standard letters to members, clients and advisers
- Maintaining the client database and website (where appropriate) and updating individual member records accurately and completely
- Input information on data files for bulk updates or for producing reports and completing simple verification processes to check data has been entered accurately. You will also be expected to assist in keeping these records in order
- Preparing letters to members, clients and advisors to answer their questions and general enquiries about their benefits. This will be by using standard letters and templates or by drafting non-standard responses
- Communicating with scheme members and clients and dealing with general telephone enquiries on a day to day basis
What skills, qualities and experience do you need for this role?
- Educated to 'A' level, degree level or equivalents
- Previous office experience would be useful but pensions experience is not essential
- Willingness to study for professional exams
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under your own steam but also to be a strong team player, capable of multi-tasking and fluctuating workloads. The ability to organise and manage your workloads is vital!
- A high standard of professionalism is required at all times as is a flexibility of hours worked and work undertaken
- An inquisitive mind and keenness to learn
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org