LCP is an award-winning actuarial and analytics consultancy providing advice on pensions, investments, employee benefits, insurance, health and energy.
Due to continued growth in our energy consulting department we now have an exciting opportunity for a short term energy market forecasting expert to join us in our London office.
What's the story?
In 2019 LCP launched Enact, a data integration and analytics platform for intraday energy markets. The platform has had significant success in the GB market, with analysts and traders using Enact to inform trading and operational decisions in the within day market. A particular focus of Enact has been intraday forecasting.
We are now looking to expand Enact's offering to the day ahead market and beyond and are looking for an individual who has significant experience in forecasting the day ahead market and working with traders on the strategies of operating between day ahead and intraday to help lead this new business line.
What will be you be involved with?
- Developing and implementing a day ahead forecasting algorithm
- Improving Enact's existing capabilities of within day NIV forecasting
- Working with the Enact developers to create workflows that allow our clients to maximise their efficiency across day ahead and intraday markets
- Working with the Partner to identify business development opportunities, and pitch to prospective clients
- Working with our clients to explain how our forecasts work and assist in designing trading strategies
What skills, experience and qualities are we looking for?
- You should have significant, demonstrable experience in the UK energy industry with a specific focus on having developed day ahead forecasting models in GB
- It is essential for you to have a proven track record of developing day ahead forecasting models that have been successfully implemented in industry and used to determine asset dispatch or trading decisions
- Experience forecasting additional time horizons and geographies is advantageous
- A strong grounding in the methods involved in electricity market forecasting, and the development, testing and improvement of forecasting approaches to the day ahead market
- Initiative and creativity in developing original solutions to problems
- Comfortable leading on day-to-day project activities and managing the workload of junior members of staff
- You should enjoy working as part of a small and dynamic team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience in statistically driven programme languages such as Python or R
- A commitment to producing the highest standard and quality of work for our clients on time and on budget
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs