This is a vacancy for an Associate Consultant who will work as part of the Pensions Administration Department, Payroll and Accounting team, providing accounting services to clients and other teams within the firm.
The successful candidate will be based in Winchester but will, from to time to time, be required to work in our London office.
Tasks will include:
Preparing Pension Scheme Report & Accounts for Schemes within timescales for a portfolio of clients involving:
- Reconciliation of investments and AVC accounts, preparation of statutory pension scheme Trustee Report and Accounts with supporting working papers, including preparation of the Trustee’s Report and any other accompanying information.
- Managing auditors through the audit process, ensuring that the provision of information and resolution of queries are completed to enable the accounts to be published within the legally prescribed timescales and client requirements
- Attendance at client and auditor meetings as required
Assisting in other aspects of the teams work including:
- Operation of client bank accounts
- Bank reconciliations on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
- Liaising with banks to verify payments and/or the raising or checking of benefit payments
- Producing monthly / quarterly income and expenditure reports
- Checking of computerised and manual payrolls
- Supporting/owning ad-hoc project work
What essential skills and personal qualities do I need to apply for this role?
- Experience of Pension Scheme Accounts and Investment Accounting essential, including an understanding of pension scheme SORP.
- Audit background useful
- AAT or similar qualified preferred but not essential
- Payroll experience useful but not essential
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org