At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
Who are we?
Our pensions management consulting department is very well know and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
Our pensions management consulting team provides a wide range of pensions and benefits advice. Key aspects of the role will be to:
- Work with colleagues across the firm to deliver pensions consulting support, pensions management expertise, trustee secretarial and governance services and project support to LCP’s clients
- Provide in-house support to clients from time to time when required. This may be in the capacity of pensions manager, Trustee Secretary or pensions team member
- Participate in new business tender processes and contribute to the development and marketing of LCP’s services
- Take responsibility for managing own workloads, effectively manage client relationships and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation to seek new opportunities for development
What experience and skills are we looking for?
Candidates must have at least 6 years’ experience providing broad consulting support either in-house or at another consultancy. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a strong understanding of all aspects of running a pension scheme and give examples of having helped clients to solve problems.
Candidates must have acted as a named Trustee Secretary of a trust-based pension arrangement, carrying out all aspects of trustee (and committee) meeting support and proactively providing other consulting support to help trustees fulfil their governance and other responsibilities. This should include:
- Organising trustee meetings, drafting agendas, producing meeting packs, preparing trustee papers, attending meetings, presenting items, producing draft minutes, producing and managing an actions log
- Managing Member Nominated Trustee exercises
- Putting in place and reviewing risk registers
- Dealing with regulatory bodies and third parties
- Monitoring invoices and budgets and managing the audit process
- Dealing with Internal Controls Disputes Procedures cases
In addition, experience in some of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Acting as an interim pension manager for larger schemes
- Delivering project and change management, advice and support
- Carrying out third party administrator selection exercises
- Providing strategic direction to either Trustees or Corporates on the effective management of pension schemes
- Drafting communications and delivering presentations
- Carrying out trustee effectiveness reviews
- An interest in trustee governance and best practice
- Carrying out marketing activity
What qualifications are we looking for?
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) and must hold a professional pensions qualification (eg APMI or FPMI). Candidates are expected to demonstrate their commitment to continued professional development and are expected to have:
- DB & DC trust based experience
- Up to date legislative knowledge
- A familiarity of the Pensions Regulator’s Codes of Practice and guidance
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We seek to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org