governance associate consultant
At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise and game-changing technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, with recent experience working in a pension consultancy or large in-house team, who is keen to develop a career in a successful and growing organisation.
Who are we and what is the role?
The EBC team provides a wide range of pensions and benefits advice. A key aspect of the role is to help deliver trustee secretarial and governance services to LCP’s clients. In addition, Associate Consultants should expect to be involved in supporting staff and partners in a wide range of tasks.
What will you be doing when you join us as a pensions & governance associate consultant?
- Organising trustee meetings, drafting agendas, producing meeting packs, preparing trustee papers, producing and managing an actions log
- Working knowledge of trustee documents such as a calendar of events, conflicts registers, risk registers and training logs
- Procurement exercises
- Trustee governance reviews (including trustee effectiveness and risk management)
- Pensions management support
- Providing interim support to clients by working on-site at their offices
- Delivering training to clients and colleagues
What qualifications, skills, and experience are we looking for?
- Degree educated, studying towards qualifying as an Associate of the Pensions Management Institute
- More than 2 years’ experience in providing trustee secretarial and scheme management services to trust-based pension arrangements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong foundational knowledge of pensions and be motivated to continue to develop this knowledge through attending training courses and on-the-job experience
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Team working
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite
- A commercial awareness
- A willingness to go above and beyond for our clients
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience you can expect to be involved in a broad mix of client and non-client work, encouraged to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding in all aspects of the pensions and benefits field, supported in studying towards relevant professional qualifications, and to develop, over time, the skills required to become an effective and successful consultant.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org