At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game changing technology.
We currently have exciting opportunities for pension administrators with DB experience to join our team.
Who are the pensions administration team?
You will be part of a team of committed professionals who give the client the best possible service. Working on a number of Defined Benefit clients leads to a great variety of work. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on. For our people this leads to a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general.
This role requires you to be well-organised, have an aptitude for figure work and be able to work as part of a team. There is an opportunity for progression with a structured career path and a full training programme will be provided.
What will you be doing?
- Continuing to broaden your technical knowledge and expertise
- Understanding the processes for complex cases such as divorce, members with large benefits and tax issues and complex death cases whilst ensuring that procedures are adhered to at all times
- Carrying out complex calculations as well as checking those carried out by more junior colleagues
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation and highlighting any necessary changes that might be needed for your clients' communications, calculations or practices
- Showing awareness of special conditions for certain clients and what is scheme specific
- Being involved in efficiency drives for your clients, always looking for improvements and considering the best way to deliver a good service
- Getting involved in departmental initiatives and projects that benefit the department
- Drafting complex non-standard letters where required and checking those drafted by others
- Mentoring and training more junior colleagues and much more!
What skills and experience do you need to demonstrate for this role?
- A minimum of 3 years UK DB pensions administration experience
- Educated to ‘A’ level, degree level or equivalent
- Making good progress towards the relevant training courses and subsequent exams in order to gain the
- Award in Pensions Essentials (APE) and the Certificate in Pensions Calculations (CPC)
- Awareness and an understanding of the role of relevant external bodies e.g. PPF, tPR
- Well organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work either alone and/or as part of a team with fluctuating workload also the ability to use own initiative
- Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times with and ability to demonstrate good organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility of hours worked/duties undertaken and keen to learn
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you would like further details about the role please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.