At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We have excellent opportunities for pension administrators with DB experience to join our team in London.
By joining our pensions administration department at LCP, you will be part of a team of committed professionals who give the client the best possible service. Working on a number of Defined Benefit clients leads to a great variety of work. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on. For our people this leads to a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general.
What will you be doing and what experience will you gain?
- Checking standard calculations to pass on for review and do more complex calculations, drafting an appropriate letter to the member, client, or adviser as necessary. Calculations will vary from scheme to scheme and in some cases it will be necessary to check or complete forms to be returned to the company for NICO purposes
- Processing individual cases and bulk jobs
- Operating computerised pensions administration data and operations modules and to check for accuracy and completeness updates to individual members' records
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation
- Showing awareness of special conditions for certain clients and what is scheme specific
- Drafting non-standard letters where required
And much more!
What skills and experience do you need to demonstrate for this role?
- A minimum of 3 years UK DB pensions administration experience
- Educated to ‘A’ level, degree level or equivalents
- Making good progress towards the relevant training courses and subsequent exams in order to gain the Award in Pensions Essentials (APE) and the Certificate in Pensions Calculations (CPC)
- Awareness and an understanding of the role of relevant external bodies e.g. PPF, tPR
- Well organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work either alone and/or as part of a team with fluctuating workload also the ability to use own initiative
- Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times with and ability to demonstrate good organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility of hours worked/duties undertaken and keen to learn
Why work for LCP?
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team email@example.com