At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We have exciting opportunities to continue you career development in pensions administration in our Winchester office as an associate consultant.
What's the role and what will you be doing?
As an associate consultant in our pensions administration department you will be responsible for the smooth running of the day to day administration of defined benefit pension schemes for several of our clients and, for some if not all of those clients, ensuring that tasks outlined in our guide on the "day-to-day running of a client" are completed.
The role requires you to be well-organised, have an aptitude for figure work and great attention to detail. In return you will be offered a structured career path and a full training programme will be provided.
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Checking/reviewing work done by more junior team members including method, arithmetic and the overall reasonableness and approach taken
- Developing a full awareness of of our procedures and ensuring that these have been followed when checking/reviewing work
- Demonstrating good working knowledge of current legislation and awareness of proposals that may impact on your clients. You should be able to discuss current issues with junior team members and be able to flag any potential issues for your clients to the client lead/client partner
- Monitoring weekly internal news bulletins that contain industry and legislative updates
- Taking ownership for and ensuring that all compliance matters are completed correctly and in good time
- Developing an in-depth working knowledge of the client's rules, nuances and practices and be aware of current issues that may impact benefit structure and administrative processes, ensuring issues are flagged with the relevant client lead/client partner
- Day to day client contact and their 'go-to' person, taking responsibility for everything that is visible to them and ensuring they are happy and satisfied with the service provided
- Taking a keen interest in the development of more junior team members, assisting them with their work management and delegating work sensibly so that the right people are working on cases considering both fees and experience.
- Keeping your team leader up to date on resourcing and anticipating expected peaks in work
- Assisting with mentoring of junior team members through exams as appropriate
- Building an in-depth knowledge of our pensions administration database and being able to suggest and implement efficiencies as required
- And much more!
What skills, experience and qualities do you need for this position?
- Educated to 'A' level and degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable DB (defined benefit) pensions administration experience within a consultancy environment
- Making good progress towards the APMI qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage workloads
- The ability to work on your own but also as part of a team
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CV's