At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise and game-changing technology.
We have an exciting opportunity for a technically strong and experienced Consultant to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious career minded individual wanting a challenging and rewarding career.
Our pensions actuarial department is very well know and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
As a consultant joining the pensions actuarial department what can you expect?
- Working with a variety of clients, some trustee and some corporate, for a range of scheme types and sizes
- Attending client meetings with the client partner
- Presenting technical issues at a client meeting from time to time
- Acting as a key point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis, by phone and e-mail
- Managing a small team of actuarial staff to produce client work on time and within budget
- Providing training from time to time to more junior actuarial staff
- Leading the core work on actuarial valuations for funding purposes, solvency testing and buy-in analysis
- Drafting pieces of advice, either from scratch or using template documents or precedents, to a standard where they are ready to be sent out
- Reviewing draft trust deeds and rules and member booklets
- Reviewing individual member calculations including transfers-in, transfers-out, early retirements, benefit augmentations, maximum authorised cash lump sums and taxation limits
- Producing sets of factors for transfers-in, transfers-out, early retirement, commutation etc and specifying benefit calculations for pensions administrators
- Drafting announcements to members and advising on member communications
- Calculations for disclosure in company accounts (under IAS19, FRS17 and/or US GAAP)
- Estimating Pension Protection Fund levies and calculating Actuarial Certificates of Deficit Reduction Contributions
- Preparing cash flows for use in asset-liability models
- Monitoring pension scheme funding levels on an ongoing basis - this might be used as part of a dynamic investment strategy
- Taking a pro-active role in keeping clients up-to-date on technical developments and anticipating their needs, and keeping the client partner informed of progress
- Liaising with other client advisers, both internal and external, to ensure efficient provision of advice
- Helping respond to invitations to tender for new business and potentially being involved in business pitches
What essential skills and personal qualities do I need to apply for this role?
- You must be qualified FIA / FFA
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be fully conversant with all technical aspects of UK pensions work
- Have supervisory experience of more junior actuarial staff
- Be capable of working to tight deadlines
- Be committed to delivering high quality work to clients and developing his/her career at LCP
- Fully demonstrate commercial awareness. Be pro-active with clients.
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff to join our ever-growing partnership.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org