actuarial associate consultant
At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise and game-changing technology.
We are looking for a confident Associate Consultant with excellent communication skills who has 3 years' experience and strong technical knowledge of UK pensions, to join our friendly and supportive team.
Our pensions actuarial department is very well know and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
As an Associate Consultant joining the pensions actuarial department what can you expect?
- To work with a variety of clients, some trustee and some corporate, for a range of scheme types and sizes.
- To manage and delegate work efficiently and to take responsibility to ensure work is done on time.
- To review work done by other staff. This will include a review of the general principles and a check of the results for overall reasonableness, including:
- Actuarial valuations for funding purposes and solvency testing and buy-in analysis; Individual member calculations;
- Actuarial factors, eg for transfer values, cash commutation and early retirements;
- Preparing cash flows for use in asset-liability models;
- Estimating Pension Protection Fund levies and calculating Actuarial
- Certificates of Deficit Reduction Contributions;
- Accounting figures and disclosures under FRS17 and IAS19.
- To carry out more challenging calculation work, such as approximate valuations and analyses of surplus.
- To use LCP’s valuation system and modelling tools efficiently, and guiding others in doing so.
- To draft straightforward reports and other advice to a standard where they are ready to be sent out.
- To liaise with junior client contacts, pensions administrators and other advisers on a day-to-day basis.
- To present internal training sessions for junior actuarial staff from time to time.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation and professional guidance.
What essential skills and personal qualities do I need to apply for this role?
- You will typically have 3 years’ experience in pension’s consultancy and be making good progress with actuarial exams.
- Have strong technical knowledge of UK pensions.
- Have a confident attitude and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, partners, contacts and clients.
- Have good presentational and written communication skills.
- Have the ability and skillset to obtain the respect of junior staff and the confidence of partners.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness in all aspects of work.
- Be capable of working to tight deadlines.
- Be committed to delivering high quality work to clients and developing your career at LCP.
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team email@example.com