At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
Due to continued growth we have opportunities for pensions actuarial analysts to join our team in Winchester.
Who are we?
Our pensions actuarial department is very well know and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focused organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What can you expect?
- Involvement in a broad mixture of client and non-client work
- To join several client teams of varying sizes, each made up of people ranging from analyst to partner level, working for a range of different clients
- Encouragement to develop your skills, through professional qualifications and personal development training second to none in our industry
- Opportunities to work alongside and learn from some of the best consulting actuaries in the UK pensions sector
- To have every opportunity to progress your career in a dynamic, forward thinking organisation where people matter
- To work with and to learn from some of the best consulting actuaries in the UK
- To be rewarded for your ability, commitment and performance
- A highly competitive study support package including mentoring as you take on the actuarial exams
What sort of work will you be doing?
- Pension scheme valuations
- Drafting advice, letters and reports
- Attending internal and client meetings
- Pensions aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Good pension scheme governance and risk management
- Communicating with clients and their other advisors
- Analysing data and performing calculations
- Pension scheme buy outs and wind ups
- Preparing figures and analysing the impact of pension schemes on balance sheets of UK and International companies
And much more!
A key benefit of joining the LCP team is that you will not be restricted to one particular strand of work, you will get the opportunity to take part in various roles in client-facing work, and also there are opportunities at an early stage to get involved in other roles, be that technical roles such as research or non-client facing roles like getting involved with our D&I groups (including LGBT+ and Women’s Network) and Charities committee.
What essential skills and personal qualities are we looking for?
- 2:1 degree (plus a grade A at A-Level Mathematics (or equivalent) if degree is non-mathematical) and making progress towards the FIA qualification
- A minimum of 12 months experience within a pensions actuarial consultancy
- Problem solving and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills and a professional attitude
- Excellent IT skills
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude and a willingness to share ideas
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and a proactive approach
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical abilities or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org