At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a manager researcher to join our investment consultancy practice in London.
Who are the team?
Our investment consulting department provides investment advice to, mostly, UK DB pension schemes. We help our clients achieve the best outcomes for their schemes by advising them on investment strategy and which managers to invest their funds with. The purpose of this role is to research investments and asset managers to provide information and views to LCP's clients and client-facing consultants.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- To provide clear, well justified recommendations on the suitability of fund management products for use by our clients
- Planning and executing work in reasonable timescales and within agreed deadlines
- Managing others' contributions to achieve tasks/own goals where appropriate
What will you be doing?
- Conducting investment manager research and formulating views on investment managers' capabilities across asset classes to which you're assigned
- Identifying funds and managers that require researching
- Leading or contributing to research meetings with managers through the planning of meetings, interviewing, analysis and proposing recommendations
- Conducting operational due diligence reviews on fund management companies in-line with LCP's processes
- Conducting reviews of fund documentation
- Ensuring the recommendations on managers' products can be justified: data and decisions are well documented: arguments and views are logical and consistent
- Communication our in-house views to client-facing consultants and clients in writing and presentations
- Reviewing work done by others, including both detailed checks and a check for overall reasonableness
What essential qualifications, skills and experience do you need for this role?
- CFA, CAIA or FIA qualified or nearly qualified
- At least 3 years experience in a manager research role at an investment consultancy, wealth manager, family office, fund-of-funds or in-house asset-owner
- Experience of researching fixed income strategies is preferable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent time management and delegation ability to juggle workloads
- Excellent Excel and data-processing skills
- The ability to gain the confidence of partners and other staff
- Team player
- Commercial awareness
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs