consultant (modelling focus)
At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
LCP in London has a vacancy for an investment consultant with modelling capabilities to join our growing team.
Who are we?
Our investment consulting department is very well know and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will have the ability to undertake most of the following:
Technical skills/Candidate requirements - Modelling
- Experience of asset liability modelling and its application to providing strategic investment advice to DB (and DC) pension schemes, and is enthusiastic for a role where modelling plays a large part
- Has experience of design / development of such models, and dealing with internal and external stakeholders’ requirements to deliver functionality that will be used across the Investment department and externally
- Understands the workings of stochastic models (including monte carlo simulation models)
- Strong communicator, particularly in relation to complex concepts relating to modelling as it applies to pension schemes, being expected to explain such concepts internally and to sophisticated clients
- Very technically proficient – in particular strong Excel skills
An understanding of programming languages (C#, VBA) would be desirable but not essential
Technical skills/Candidate requirements - Consulting
- Identifying suitable investment structures to implement strategies, taking into account individual client’s circumstances and preferences
- Conducting investment manager research and formulating views on investment managers’ capabilities
- Conducting investment manager selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers
- Assessing investment management agreements and negotiating terms with investment management providers
- Agreeing the basis of and overseeing transfers of assets between investment managers
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of market practice and legislation
- Undertaking performance and risk assessment of portfolios
- Presenting the different investment requirements of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes, including AVCs, and suitable investment options
- Be able to delegate tasks effectively and juggle variable, sometimes high, workloads
- Build relations with clients and ensure client needs are identified and met, driving the partner where appropriate
- Get involved with clients, know what LCP does for the client and think of what LCP might do in addition
- Share ideas and present persuasive arguments
- Work to agreed deadlines
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
- Work within a team environment
- Participate positively in team discussions
What qualifications, skills, and experience are we looking for?
- Qualified FIA, FFA or CFA; or;
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role/team within the UK investment consulting sector
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of service to our clients.
We seek to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team email@example.com