We have an exciting new opening for a technically strong and experienced Consultant to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career minded individual looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
Who are we?
Our specialist insurance de-risking department has the deepest experience of any de-risking team in the market. The team are highly respected within the industry having led the market since its inception. Our de-risking clients, many of whom work with LCP for the first time for a de-risking project, include global, market- leading brands across many different sectors.
The team works closely with our wider pensions actuarial and investment teams and provides a fantastic opportunity to work in a rapidly growing area within a welcoming, close-knit and diverse team, with lots of exposure to senior management.
We advise both Trustee and Corporate clients, often together, on both the strategy and implementation of de-risking transactions across a wide range of scheme and transaction sizes.
What can you expect if you join our team as a consultant?
- To undertake a central role in broking some of the largest and most interesting insurance transactions in the market; liaising and negotiating with (re) insurers, attending insurer meetings and project managing
- To build relationships with colleagues, clients, (re) insurers and other advisors
- Preparing and presenting advice at client meetings
- Problem solving!
- Undertaking challenging calculations, ranging from future strategy calculations or bespoke analysis as part of the implementation of transactions
- To contribute to LCP's thought leadership through our internal groups
- Opportunities to contribute to the strategy of the wider team, attend our informative bi-weekly team meetings, attend networking events/conferences and contribute to new business tenders
And anything else you are keen to get involved with. We encourage and support all new ideas!
What skills, qualifications and experience are we looking for?
- FIA or CFA qualified with at least 5 years experience at either a consultancy or a bulk purchase annuity provider
- Hands-on experience of working on de-risking transactions i.e. buy-ins, buy-outs and/or longevity swaps
- Excellent UK pensions technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A commitment to delivering the highest quality of work and service to our clients
- Proactive and ready to hit the ground running
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you would like to apply for the role please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com