LCP is an award winning actuarial consultancy providing advice on insurance, investment, pensions, energy and employee benefits. We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650, including 35 general insurance specialists.
Who are the insurance team?
We are the leading independent general insurance actuarial consultancy in the UK, with no links to audit or broking services. We provide a full range of insurance actuarial and consulting advice, supporting business transformation and strategy, reserving, capital management, underwriting and pricing, reinsurance, risk management and regulatory compliance.
In the past few years we have signed off on reserves of over £50 billion, and we have advised over 60 firms on capital and risk management.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified actuary with the ability to run projects effectively, work well with clients, play a meaningful role in new business development and help develop junior colleagues.
Past experience of reserving and/or capital modelling engagements will be helpful, but we are also open to applications from candidates from a pricing or risk background.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Lead reserving and/or capital modelling engagements, working with the partner and the team
- Key point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis
- Draft high-quality communications to clients
- Present confidently in client meetings and deal with clients on the phone and face-to-face
- Plan and manage projects effectively, drive work forward and proactively engage with the partner and team to deliver quality advice on time and within budget
- Assist in tenders and new business pitches
- Contribute to LCP's thought leadership, and develop your personal profile in the market, by helping to generate new ideas that are relevant to our clients, writing articles or blogs, presenting at conferences and participating in relevant industry working parties
- Work within LCP's internal professional standards and external professional guidance
- Develop relationships with clients, identifying and meeting their needs and taking ownership of the client relationship
- Attend conferences and network effectively with clients and prospects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the insurance market and particularly regulatory developments
- Provide technical training to colleagues from time to time
What experience, skills and qualifications do we need you to have and demonstrate?
- Qualified actuary or equivalent with at least 5 years experience in the UK general insurance market
- A high degree of technical proficiency in either reserving, capital, pricing or risk, and the ability to develop in other areas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Commercial awareness
- The ability to explain technical matters clearly to a wide ranging audience
- Delegate effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future to all our staff. We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org