LCP is an award winning actuarial consultancy providing advice on insurance, investment, pensions, energy and employee benefits. We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650, including 35 general insurance specialists.
Who are the insurance team?
We are the leading independent general insurance actuarial consultancy in the UK, with no links to audit or broking services. We provide a full range of insurance actuarial and consulting advice, supporting business transformation and strategy, reserving, capital management, underwriting and pricing, reinsurance, risk management and regulatory compliance.
In the past few years, we have signed off on reserves of over £50 billion, and we have advised over 60 firms on capital and risk management.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified actuary with the ability to run projects effectively, work well with clients, play a meaningful role in new business development and help develop junior colleagues.
You should be an expert in non-life capital modelling, with hands-on experience within an insurance regulator on internal model approvals and related activities.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Lead capital modelling, validation and risk management engagements, working with the partner and the team
- Provide authoritative advice to clients on how to anticipate and address key areas of regulatory challenge
- Proactively develop LCP's thought leadership in capital, risk and regulatory matters by generating new ideas, writing articles or blogs, presenting at conferences and participating in relevant industry working parties.
- Develop (or maintain) a high personal profile in the insurance market as a recognised expert in capital, risk and regulatory matters
- Key point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis
- Draft high-quality communications to clients
- Present confidently in client meetings and deal with clients on the phone and face-to-face
- Plan and manage projects effectively, drive work forward and proactively engage with the partner and team to deliver quality advice on time and within agreed budgets
- Play a key role in tenders and pitches for new business, in particular helping to deliver a regulatory perspective
- Develop relationships with clients, identify their needs and take ownership of the relationship
- Attend conferences and network effectively with clients and prospects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the insurance market and particularly regulatory developments
What experience, skills and qualifications do we need you to have and demonstrate?
- Qualified actuary or equivalent with at least 5 years experience in the UK general insurance market
- At least one year of experience working at an insurance regulator on internal model approvals and related matters
- A high degree of technical proficiency in capital modelling and capital model validation with the ability to develop proficiency in other areas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to explain technical matters clearly and simply to a wide ranging audience
- Commercial awareness
- Delegate effectively
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to run multiple projects and complete to tight deadlines
- Be able to see things from others perspectives and adapt your approach accordingly
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future to all our staff. We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org