LCP is a leading independent, owner managed pensions, investment and insurance consultancy in the UK and Ireland. We help our clients leverage the latest technology and analytics across a range of industries to help them be at the forefront of data driven and digital solutions.
We are seeking an experienced lawyer with extensive experience in commercial contracts to join our team in London or Winchester (with travel to London one day a week) on a 12 months fixed term contract basis.
The successful candidate will also advise on a range of other legal, risk and compliance matters including client engagement terms, policies, intellectual property rights and data protection law.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior associate, looking to transition from fee earning to an in-house legal position, with the advantages this brings of breadth of work and excellent work-life balance.
What will you be doing?
- Taking the lead in contractual negotiations to ensure the firm's interests are served and guiding and supporting junior team members and the wider business with contractual negotiations
- Acting as trusted advisor to the firm's Partners, client teams and the IT, HR, Administration, Finance and Business Development teams
- Supervising and developing more junior lawyers within the team
- Advising on the legal framework and associated risks of new business lines, including drafting the contractual documentation for the provision of modelling and analytics tools to clients, software as a service and website terms
- Acting as a sounding board for other lawyers in the team and the wider Legal & Compliance department
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on client related contracts, such as engagement terms, master services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and release letters
- Advising on data protection law and providing legal support to the data protection team
- Advising on a wide range of other legal, risk and compliance matters affecting the firm, including intellectual property right, data protection law and internal policies
What essential qualifications, skills and experience do you need?
- You must be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales with a minimum of 7 years post qualification experience
- Excellent negotiation skills and extensive experience advising on and negotiating commercial contracts
- High proficiency in the fields of intellectual property and data protection law
- A strong business acumen with the ability to take a commercial and practical approach
- The ability to influence and gain trust at the most senior levels of the business
- The ability to work as part of a team with fluctuating work loads and able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly personality
- Professional at all times
- Flexibility of tasks and hours covered and to travel and work from other LCP offices as required (travel expenses paid where working from alternative offices)
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with your salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs