pension client communications
We love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650 and growing.
What is the role?
This is a newly created position at LCP as we look to rapidly expand our current communications consulting team and are looking to find the person to lead this.
What will your key tasks and responsibilities be?
- Developing our strategy to step up our communications proposition to clients and to significantly grow this element of consulting income
- Developing, managing and further building the communications team to support the delivery of the objectives, working closely with other parts of LCP to manage and share resources
- Developing creative communications strategies providing LCP with a market-leading service and support communications planning, digital amplification, writing and editing
- Providing support to those running internal communications to strengthen these
- Taking a client-facing role, winning major clients (stand alone or as part of other services) and leading the delivery of the advice
- Delivering on shorter term and longer term strategic goals for the development of LCP's offering, working with the Board and the senior management team of the business
- Liaising closely with other internal teams (e.g. corporate and trustee teams) to ensure LCP provides an integrated proposition making the most of srising opportunities
- Providing counsel to the business and management teams on communications and external affairs
- Identifying relevant communications opportunities to further enhance the business
What skills and experience do we need you to have and be able to demonstrate?
- Demonstrable experience of leading a communications function in a commercial environment, including managing client relationships and delivering advice in the UK pensions sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues with clarity and precision
- An understanding of the developing communications market, including the multiple channels now being used
- A creative thinker who can "think outside the box"
- Media relations experience and successful track record as a spokesperson to build the reputation of LCP's communications offering
- Coaching skills which naturally develop communication and engagement techniques and skills in others
- A persuasive communicator with the ability and diplomacy to build trust with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, but a strong team player, with experience of team management
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future to all our staff. We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm.
We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org