designer 6 month ftc
LCP is an award-winning consultancy providing advice on pensions, investment, insurance, energy and employee benefits. We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650, including over 20 business development/marketing specialists.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a graphic designer to join our team in London on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
What's the role and who are the team?
The role is part of a 25 strong business development team. Our BD team leads and implements all marketing, sales and client development programmes within LCP. There are two other designers within the team.
This position supports the Brand and Design team in delivering consistent and effective graphic design from concept to production, including marketing collateral, multimedia graphics and video. The team also provides design services for our clients, so alongside marketing communication the designer may be responsible for delivering pensions communications, supervised by consultant.
You will contribute innovative and creative ideas, support design projects from concept to completion, and ensure all work meets deadlines and adheres to our brand guidelines
Who are we looking for?
- A creative designer who understands the difference good design can make to the delivery of a message, and can create images and visual ideas that deliver complex messages with fewer words
- An experienced motion graphics designer who has a passion for motion design and storytelling and can create and deliver motion graphics across various media
- Someone who can deliver and develop creative concepts and ideas when timescales allow, but can also work under time pressure when needed
- Someone who can identify and roll-out best practice design to continually improve our baseline quality
- A skilled communicator who can liaise with internal (and sometimes external) clients to understand their design needs and implement their requirements to time and budget
- A multi-talented designer who can work across a range of different document types and mediums, while maintaining brand consistency
What will you be doing?
Your responsibilities will cover a wide remit across graphic design and artwork, online and digital, branding and print management. Those responsibilities will include;
- Liaising with internal clients to understand and interpret their design needs
- Delivery of consistent and effective designs across a variety of marketing materials and medias
- Managing the design and production process of multiple projects
- Leading LCP's photography and video output and providing creative input and ideas
- Lead on the filming of events, and video and photography shoots, working with external agencies to produce required footage and using in-house filming equipment
- Providing ongoing design input and support for our website
- Developing and maintaining the integrity of the LCP brand and visual guidelines and contribute to its progression, both in print and digital media
- Research and purchase of imagery which adhere to LCP brand specifications, to be used in LCP collateral on the LCP UK and European websites
- Providing support for management and external printing of design projects including brochures, flyers, signage, folders, invitations etc.
- Prepare artwork for commercial print, and conduct appropriate flight-checks to ensure they are print-ready and/or meet printer specifications. Required to be able to artwork collateral and adverts to technical print-specifications for publications
- Working with LDP partners to design and produce collateral for our clients on their behalf to communicate to pension scheme members, using clients' own branding and applying their external brand guidelines to new documents, making edits and producing production-ready files
What skills and qualities do you need?
- Professional services or partnership marketing experience is highly desirable. Corporate in-house experience of some sort is essential
- Adobe Creative Suite (5.5 or above)
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Working knowledge of website structure/functionality and basic HTML
- Creativity with the capability of producing professional, impactful visual designs within brand guidelines for sales and marketing purposes
- A passion for design and marketing, self-motivated and willing to 'go the extra mile'
- The ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and prepared to work to finish a project when required
- A team player capable of working autonomously
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful careers within the firm. We aim to recruit the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and background.
If you would like to apply for the role please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org