LCP is an award-winning actuarial and analytics consultancy providing advice on energy, pensions, investments, employee benefits, insurance and health.
Due to substantial growth in our energy consulting work over the last couple of years we are now looking for an experienced energy consultant to grow the team and lead on a range of projects focussing on long term GB and Irish power market forecasting. This is an exciting role with the capacity to shape both the role and team you will build, with significant room for upwards growth.
Who are the team?
LCP Energy Analytics has been a specialist in forecasting the future of GB and Irish power markets for over a decade. Our work across industry is used to assess the profitability of investment decisions and secure financing for projects spanning a range of technologies, while our continued work with government and the system operator help set the policy and market frameworks to transition the country to Net Zero.
Our consultancy offering is an independent, transparent view into the GB and Irish markets. We forecast outturn prices across wholesale, reserve and balancing markets, generation mix, interconnector flow, carbon intensity, transmission and distribution charging and many other integrated metrics. Our technological capabilities are strong - we develop our models in house and are currently leveraging our existing talent in web development to move aspects of our energy consulting online.
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Primary point of contact for our clients on the projects you lead
- Managing a team of analysts and energy consultants to deliver the modelling and analysis underpinning our projects
- Business development and prospecting - this will involve selling our existing services, bringing in new clients, taking an active role in our BD strategy in conjunction with our BD team, and contribute to the development of new offerings as the team looks to grow
- Ensuring our work is of the highest standard, and is delivered in a clear manner appropriate for the client
- Speaking at a variety of conferences, webinars and pitches in your role as an expert in the energy transition
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You should have at least 10 years experience working in the power sector with at least 5 years running consulting projects for an established power market consultancy
- A reputation in the market for power market forecasting and consulting services, and a network of market contacts, both for our existing services and new areas you would expect us to grow into
- A strong grounding in the methods involved in long term power market forecasting, as well as the ability to sense check model outputs
- You should be comfortable leading a team of ranging seniority and appraising members annually to contribute to their growth and development
- Initiative and creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs