At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and cutting-edge technology.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a consultant to join our energy team based in central London.
Who are the team?
Our energy analytics department is a fast growing part of our organisation which specialises in the analysis and modelling of electricity markets. We work closely with a broad range of clients across government, regulators and industry, enabling our clients to make informed decisions through the use of innovative modelling.
What will the role involve?
As a consultant in LCP's energy team you will be involved in a diverse range of projects, covering both client and non-client work. Areas of work you may be involved with include:
- Designing solutions to the complex problems our clients face and present these solutions in an accessible manner
- Assisting government in understanding the effect of their energy policies
- Planning and delivering all aspects of project work, from bid writing through to final delivery
- Bespoke modelling solutions to aid decision making in a wide range of situations, for example delivering a stochastic model to assess the security of supply risk in the UK electricity market
- Understanding and modelling the risks associated with new power plant investment
- Managing junior members of the team
What skills and experience do you need for this role?
- At least four years experience in the energy industry, preferably in the UK electricity market in an analytical role
- Degree educated (2:1 minimum) in a numerate subject (mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering or equivalent
- Experience in long-term power market forecasting is essential
- Experience in developing and using complex mathematical models, electricity market dispatch models highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical capabilities
- An innovative and creative approach in developing original solutions
- Programming experience or a desire to learn
- Excellent organisational skills
- A team player with the ability to lead on day-to-day project activities and manage the workload of junior team members
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs