At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and cutting-edge technology.
Our energy analytics department is a small, growing part of our organisation which specialises in the analysis and modelling of electricity markets. We work closely with a broad range of clients across government, regulators and industry, enabling our clients to make informed decisions through the use of innovative modelling.
What will the role involve?
As a consultant in LCP's energy team you will be involved in a diverse range of projects, covering both client and non-client work. ASreas of work you may be involved with include:
- Designing solutions to the complex problems our clients face and present these solutions in an accessible manner
- Assisting government in understanding the effect of their energy policies
- Planning and delivering all aspects of project work, from bid writing through to final delivery
- Bespoke modelling solutions to aid decision making in a wide range of situations, for example delivering a stochastic model to assess the security of supply risk in the UK electricity market
- Understanding and modelling the risks associated with new power plant investment
- Managing junior members of the team
What skills and experience do you need for this role?
- At least four years experience in the energy industry, preferably in the UK electricity market in an analytical role
- Degree educated (2:1 minimum) in a numerate subject (mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering or equivalent
- Experience in developing and using complex mathematical models, electricity market dispatch models highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical capabilities
- An innovative and creative approach in developing original solutions
- Programming experience or a desire to learn
- Excellent organisational skills
- A team player with the ability to lead on day-to-day project activities and manage the workload of junior team members
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you would like to apply for the role please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org