LCP is an award-winning consultancy providing advice on pensions, investment, insurance, energy and employee benefits. We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650, including over 35 DC pensions specialists.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an associate consultant to join our DC practice in London
Who are the DC practice?
Our team is very well known and highly respected within our industry. As the largest independent DC consultant, we advise over £18bn of DC assets across more than 100 DC scheme, both Trustee and Corporate, providing advice on own-trust based schemes, Master Trusts and Group Personal Plans. If you strive to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well known industry professionals is the rule, not the exception, and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Presenting clear, practical solutions to client problems using a range of consulting methods and software
- Carrying out detailed member analysis to help clients understand their membership demographics and feeding this into advice we give clients
- Checking work done by colleagues, including both detailed checks and a check for overall reasonableness
- Drafting non-standard documents, for example technical strategy reports or benefit design work, to a standard where they are suitable for review by the signatory
- Conducting governance reviews of trustee boards and governance groups against industry best practice
- Conducting investment manager research and DC provider research, formulating views on their capabilities and sharing this with colleagues
- Assisting the client team in identifying suitable investment strategies
- Conducting selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on investment managers and/or a change in pension provider
- Checking performance monitoring reports, including commentary and investment performance figures, to a level where the reports need only a brief review by the signatory
- Undertaking performance and risk assessment of portfolios
- Liaising with clients on workflow and presenting reports at meetings
- Understanding the basis of transfers of assets between investment managers and liaising with managers during the transfer
And much more!
What experience and skills do you need?
- A minimum of two years' experience in the UK DC pensions industry
- Studying towards the CFA, FIA or APMI qualifications
- Excellent technical skills including drafting advice that you would be happy to sign
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Time management and delegation ability, to juggle variable, sometimes high, workloads
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate positively in team discussions, sharing ideas and present persuasive arguments
- A commercial outlook
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful careers within the firm. We aim to recruit the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and background.
If you would like to apply for the role please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com