At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We are interested in hearing from qualified pensions actuaries with experience of corporate pensions consulting to join our team in London.
Who are we?
Our pensions actuarial department is very well know and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 & 250 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing when you join us?
- Working with a variety of corporate clients, for a range of scheme types and sizes
- Acting as key point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis, by phone and by email
- Leading core technical analysis across a range of areas (including funding valuations, strategy, accounting and liability management)
- Drafting pieces of advice, either from scratch or using template documents or precedents, to a standard where they are ready to be sent out
- Attending client meetings with the client partner and presenting on technical issues
- Managing junior client teams to produce client work on time, within budget, and to a standard of excellence
- Leading and helping to respond to tenders for new business and involvement in business targeting
- Taking a pro-active role in keeping clients up-to-date on technical developments and anticipating their needs whilst closely liaising with the client partner on new developments
- Taking the opportunities when they arise to work on corporate transactions, de-risking and other special projects
- Problem solving!
- Attending LCP networking events and conferences from time to time
- Ad-hoc training provision for more junior team members
What skills, qualifications and experience are we looking for?
- Qualified actuary with a minimum of 3 years PQE
- Excellent UK pensions technical knowledge
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience of more junior colleagues
- Organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Commitment to delivering high quality work to our clients
- Commercial awareness with the ability to win new business
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future to all. We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm.
We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team email@example.com