LCP is an award winning consultancy providing advice on pensions, investment, insurance, energy and employee benefits. We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650, including 150 pensions administration specialists across both of our offices.
We currently have exciting opportunities for you to join us as an assistant pensions administrator in our team in London.
Who are the pensions administration team?
You will be part of a team of committed professionals who give the client the best possible service. Working on a number of Defined Benefit clients leads to a great variety of work. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on. For our people this leads to a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general.
This role requires you to be well-organised and have an aptitude for figure work working amongst a team. There is opportunity for progression with a structured career path and a full training programme will be provided.
What will you be doing and what experience will you gain?
- Gaining and applying knowledge of technical matters by formal training courses and exams and informally by self learning and talking to experienced colleagues
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation, highlighting any necessary changes that might be needed to your clients' communications, calculations or practices following any changes
- Understanding of preservation, statutory increases, contracting-out (including GMPs) and the current pensions tax regime and being able to apply these in the work you produce and when checking others work
- Working towards both Disclosure and Statutory deadlines and ensuring these are met
- Gaining and applying knowledge of clients through day to day work, speaking to colleagues and referring to the schemes administration guide
- Showing awareness of special conditions for certain clients and what is scheme specific
- Benefit calculations either by manual calculation, using a proforma and by using the relevant pension's administration system calculation
- Getting involved in scheme events and bulk calculations including benefit statements, pension increase exercises and annual Event Reports
- Taking responsibility for quarterly reporting for your clients
- Communicating with members, liaising with third parties and creating good working relationships with their day-to-day client contacts, occasionally attending client meetings
- Drafting non-standard letters where required
- Running bulk calculations on the pension administration system
- Using the Standard Reports and General Report Writer functions on the pensions administration system in order to obtain and provide internal departments with data when requested
And much more!
What skills and experience do you need to demonstrate for this role?
- At least 2 years of UK DB pensions administration experience
- Educated to ‘A’ level, degree level or equivalents
- Making good progress towards the relevant training courses and subsequent exams in order to gain the Award in Pensions Essentials (APE) and the Certificate in Pensions Calculations (CPC)
- Defined Benefit pensions administration experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365
- Proficient in using reporting functions on the pensions administration system
- Well organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work either alone and/or as part of a team with fluctuating workload also the ability to use own initiative
- Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times with and ability to demonstrate good organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility of hours worked/duties undertaken and keen to learn
Why work for LCP?
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team email@example.com.