At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
By joining our pensions administration department at LCP, you will be part of a team of committed professionals who give the client the best possible service. Working on a number of Defined Benefit clients leads to a great variety of work. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on. For our people this leads to a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general.
What will you be doing and what experience will you gain?
- Gaining and applying knowledge of technical matters by formal training courses and exams and informally by self learning and talking to experienced colleagues
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation
- Gaining and applying knowledge of clients through day to day work, speaking to colleagues and referring to the schemes administration guide
- Showing awareness of special conditions for certain clients and what is scheme specific
- Benefit calculations either by manual calculation, using a proforma and by using the relevant pension's administration system calculation
- Drafting non-standard letters where required
- Running bulk calculations on the pension administration system
- Using the Standard Reports and General Report Writer functions on the pensions administration system in order to obtain and provide internal departments with data when requested
- Preparing bulk mailings
And much more!
What skills and experience do you need to demonstrate for this role?
- Educated to ‘A’ level, degree level or equivalents
- Making good progress towards the relevant training courses and subsequent exams in order to gain the Award in Pensions Essentials (APE) and the Certificate in Pensions Calculations (CPC)
- Defined Benefit pensions administration experience
- Well organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work either alone and/or as part of a team with fluctuating workload also the ability to use own initiative
- Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times with and ability to demonstrate good organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility of hours worked/duties undertaken and keen to learn
Why work for LCP?
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email our recruitment team email@example.com.